Monday, August 25, 2014

Why Graphic Design?

          Going into Graphic Design has been my plan for quite some time now.  In 10th grade, I remember taking my first design class and falling in love with Photoshop and Illustrator.  It opened my eyes to the endless possibilities that the digital world has to offer in design.  My love and appreciation for typography grew as well when I took Carl Kurtz's Calligraphy Workshop last year.  I began to understand the subtle personality that each typeface possesses, and how they could then be used to reflect the tone and emotion of whatever is being written.
          Design is incorporated within almost everything that we see, so I take pride in knowing that my career path will eventually have an impact on the lives of people.  With that being said, I couldn't be happier with my decision, and can't wait to start in the department!