Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Large Typepography



For this project I knew that I wanted to go beyond just experimenting with the physical form of the typeface, because not doing so felt very limiting to me.  When creating the one pictured on top, I thought it would be interesting for me to play with the idea of a drop shadow.  I ended up creating a form which emitted a shadow from the shadow itself.  I also alternated the perspective of each letter in addition to   alternating its position.  Doing so created a variety of different shadows while still maintaining a balanced composition.  I also kept the letter form white against the white wall because it would create a subtle but noticeable contrast between the shadow and the form.  As for the second and third composition, my attempt was to create a pattern/texture which would interact with negative space in order to highlight the form of the type.