Monday, November 24, 2014

Photographic Interview Progress

Back                                                    Front

Middle Fold

Center


Overall I'm trying to portray Katie not necessarily as a mysterious figure, but more of a person who is in the midst of self discovery.  I felt that this would best be portrayed through not depicting her face fully.  I thought that using the back of her head as the front would create an interesting and unexpected image, although I'm not sure yet it I want to have the image wrap around to the back cover yet.  The only thing I'm pretty set on right now is the color scheme; I think it portrays Katie's aesthetic and personality pretty well.    


3 comments:

Tori Wheeler said...

Your interview book embodies two sides of Katie- one that is more hidden, subdued, and quiet, and another that is kind and pleasant. The black and white photography is beautiful, the front and back composition works very well. The bright pink, to me, represents Katie's kind and good natured side we all see in class. It contrasts with the shy and more serious photos that give some insight into her history. All in all, well done. I'd like to see you develop the inside spread with the body copy a little further, which I can tell you plan on doing.

Tori Wheeler said...

Your interview book embodies two sides of Katie- one that is more hidden, subdued, and quiet, and another that is kind and pleasant. The black and white photography is beautiful, the front and back composition works very well. The bright pink, to me, represents Katie's kind and good natured side we all see in class. It contrasts with the shy and more serious photos that give some insight into her history. All in all, well done. I'd like to see you develop the inside spread with the body copy a little further, which I can tell you plan on doing.

Isaac Carlos said...

Hello Justing I think you are creating a very interesting narrative with this. Your are showing very little of Katie as far as the image goes but at the same time saying a whole lot about her. I like that you chose a not so mysterious color scheme I think it is a nice touch of personality within the mystery. You might even want to try photographic even more certain features like mer hands or nose or whatever just to give it more of an unveiling. This is headed in a good direction Justin again your use of type is very effective as well. Much love and peace.