Friday, January 29, 2016

Response to Frank Chimero

     More than anything I appreciated Frank's tone throughout the article.  He brought himself down to a level that we as students could relate to, where he gave advice with out sounding like an authoritative power.  He addressed some insecurities that I have right now, such as trying to be the best at everything.  It's not realistic, and however hard I try to convince myself that I have the capability to do anything by myself, I know that it's not possible.  While design can be less subjective than say fine art, it is still highly subjective.  Just because you aren't doing something that everyone else is doing doesn't make it wrong.  It also doesn't make it right.  The key is to be self-aware of your successes and failures, striving to be completely honest with yourself.  His humor was really nice too, I think that was the icing on the cake.  Overall, a very relatable article for a designer living in the infancy of their career.

No comments: